Julia Computing is seeking a full-time graphical user interface (GUI) developer with experience in visualization engineering to work on its modeling and simulation cloud computing products. This comprises the JuliaSim multiphysics simulator, the Cedar circuit simulation tool, and the Pumas pharmacometrics modeling platforms.
Julia Computing's mission is to develop products that bring Julia's superpowers to its customers. Julia Computing's flagship product is JuliaHub, a secure, cloud based, software-as-a-service platform for developing Julia programs, deploying them, and scaling to thousands of nodes. Julia Computing was founded in 2015 by the creators of the Julia programming language for artificial intelligence, machine learning, analytics, data science, modeling, and simulation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop React Native widgets and GUIs for modeling and simulation, giving a visual representation of modeling libraries such as the acausal ModelingToolkit.jl and the Catalyst.jl chemical reaction system.
- Create Visual Studio Code plugins to enhance the user experience of Julia packages on the Julia Hub platform.
- Integrate customer feedback to iteratively improve the designs
- Lead and deliver the technical design, development, configuration, testing and deployment. Emphasis on design, development and unit-testing of highly performant complex front-end UI components using React, with backend connections via Pluto.jl
- Develop demonstrations and videos for marketing the simulation products
- Build new interfaces to incorporate the latest scientific machine learning (SciML) into the visual representation and manipulation of models
- Deploy the GUIs and visualization tools into the cloud-based platforms
- Integrate the visuals into training materials and tutorials
Education, Expertise, and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent in mathematics, computer science, engineering, or related technical disciplines.
- 4+ years of Information Technology experience, developer/engineer roles, experience designing front-end UI components, and/or experience with other digital capabilities including React Native, APIs, RPA, and persona-based UI/UX.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the development of products/platforms with ReactNative is REQUIRED. This is a hands-on role requiring good coding expertise.
- Strong knowledge of at least one dynamic programming language (of course Julia is preferred)
- Demonstrated capabilities through prior work in package development and GUI/visualization design
- Knowledge or experience in the area of physical simulation, quantitative pharmacology, or machine learning is highly desirable.
- A high level of communication is required. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined, and have strong time management skills. Embraces learning agility to keep abreast of new technologies and strategies.
Applicants are invited to include a cover letter outlining their previous experience developing visualization tooling (but not utilizing visualization tooling), programming in Julia, and working with scientific modeling systems.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying